Thursday, March 1, 2012

BOGGED DOWN!

Ohhh... my little bloggy friend... I've been ignoring you for the past week. Why?  I. Am. Bogged. Down.    Bogged Down.   Bogged Down. I think my next Wordle will feature prominently the words "Bogged Down".

I am drowning in reading and more reading, and tasks and more tasks. And I had my mother here to visit for a week. I love my mother...and I love having her here...but it's hard to read yourself out of the bog when you have a houseguest.

Speaking of bogs....  bogs and blogs.... but here, just a bog....



I have to say, some of my readings this week make almost as much sense as this song. But not quite. (I'm talking to YOU, Conole!)

"Conole"...... Articles like this should be shot. If I ever become the type of raving academic who writes crap like this, I hope somebody beats me with my keyboard, shoves a stapler up my nose and throws me into a bog with a bird, a louse, a tick and a rash! Seriously!!!  ENGLISH, people! It doesn't have to be a foreign language!

Now, I'm a pretty smart girl (if I do say so myself!), and I can understand it after about the 3rd reading, but I'm a pretty busy girl, too, and I do not. have time. to decode. crap. like. this. I'm trying to read myself  OUT of the bog, and Conole et al are like those underwater weeds that pull you down into the "Sea of Academe", twist around your legs, and tie you down until you either drown, or Harry Potter comes along with the Gillyweed and saves your ass!

Waiting for you, Potter!



Refs:
The Irish Descendents (2007). The Rattlin Bog. Warner Music. Available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxgmAwoqr4E
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005). Warner Bros. Available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOrf92_Lma8&feature=related
Conole, G., Dyke, M., Oliver, M., and Seale, J. (2004) Mapping pedagogy and tools for effective learning design. Computers and Education, 43, 17-33, 39(1), 170-174.


3 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! I'm in the middle of drafting a post called 'cognitive overload' - it's the fancy new MA way to say 'bogged down' you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I googled this article for the EDUC70050 I'm currently registered in, and the link to your bog came up as the 4th entry :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Too funny Linda! I wrote it a year ago for that course, but now, at this very moment, in my new course, the exact same blog post applies! I guess I don't need to write a new one! Just "Ditto"! hahahaha... Enjoy the course!

    ReplyDelete