Monday, April 2, 2012

One Degree of Abdication- Gomen nasai!

I'm a total failure....a total loser....a total liar.  I have abdicated my responsibilities. I feel guilty and ashamed. I don't even know how to fix it.
A few weeks back I hooked up with the IATEFL Glasgow people and said I would be an IATEFL Blogger. It involved watching some of the online sessions and blogging about them. They put my blog on their site so that people could read my reports on the online sessions. I was really looking forward to it! Exciting! An OFFICIAL Blogger!
As luck would have it, I got really sick that week, and spent every possible minute lying in bed in a cold-medicine induced semi-coma, trying not to die, but kind of wishing I would. I didn't do any of the blogging I had promised. I didn't do any of the video-watching I had promised. It was awful.
Two weeks later...here I am, MOSTLY recovered, and I see that lots of people from various, interesting places did in fact check out my blog...hoping to read awesome reports from IATEFL, and probably wondering "What the heck am I doing on THIS loser blog??"
Gomen nasai. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I let you all down. I'm sorry I promised to offer something of value, and then didn't. I'm sorry I neglected my duties...and my blog.
I can only hope that next year I can try again. If they'll let me!
Now, where are those echinacea pills??
Getting through the days...and nights...



No comments:

Post a Comment