Monday, May 14, 2012

Procrastination

My assignment is due in 8 days. Right now, it looks like this: 

 

With a little bit of this: 

It seems so hopeless. It seems so massive. I don't think I can do it. Time for a break!
Oh yeah... gotta do the laundry! 
Oh yeah...I MUST clean up the balcony!
Hmmm...better wash those dishes!
Are those pigeons back? I really have to pigeon-proof the patio!
Dinner time? Yeah... I'll get to the essay after dinner!
Gosh, those plants look thirsty...
Isn't that TV show online tonight? Can't miss that! Season Finale!
OMG! Is it 10:00 ALREADY?? Where did the day go? 
Clearly, I'm not going to get any more writing done tonight...might as well just read a book!

And so it goes.

I know I'm not alone. I don't think I'm worse off than any of my classmates. We are all in the same canoe!
But the guilt!! Terrible! How could I have wasted another day? Time is so precious, and I'm letting it slip away! Is this really part of the process? Will it ever get better? I mean, I have 2 more years of this. I don't know if I can deal with this guilt every time I have an assignment due. There has to be a better way! I'm going to do some research on time management.

Tomorrow.

Never do today what you can put off til tomorrow.

Good luck to all of my Manchester classmates!








2 comments:

  1. Oh Rona, I have had these exact conversations with myself and resulting actions today. At 10PM tonight, I realised I was just too tired to bother. At least you can say you've got one essay under your belt. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes three of us in this boat! So far....
      I suspect quite a few people are having this same conversation these days.
      Well, Onward!

      Delete